Saturday, October 24, 2015

Reading Is Magical


I chose to focus on the experience of reading Matilda by Roald Dahl.
I want to promote reading a specific book because this book in particular is about the idea of reading but also a little girl that had to grow up at such a young age and has the ability to move things with her mind.

Reading is a unique way to transform what you are picturing in your mind and bringing it to life.

My concept for my design is to to represent what Matilda is thinking about and trying to get away from when she reads.
The composition of this image is asymmetrical in balance.
There is a sense of emphasis of the furniture and the people because they are popping out of the book.
Eye movement is created in the work by the the people being warped and coming out, and the text having an arch.
The depth of field is shallow because the background is blurry. 

The elements of the artwork evoke a sense of interest in what Gaby is reading in the book.

I want the viewer to wonder why those certain images are popping out of the book.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that reading is a quick way to transform how you think because the authors theme is usually a life lesson.
    I also think that the way the furniture and characters are coming out of the book look really cool!
    That makes me think that the characters are are actually coming to life out of the book by the way they are warped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia! The font is really hard to read on your blog. I would keep it simple and not experiment too much with it. I also recommend using one of the dynamic layouts because it looks more modern and like a professional portfolio.

    ReplyDelete