Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Maybelline Spoof Ad


I chose this topic because makeup is something that is a part of my daily life and something that interests me.
Makeup is a major issue in our society because there is a kind of expectation to look a certain way and to stay looking young. Our generation promotes to the young people to start using makeup at an early age. 
People don't want their children to grow up and be more like adults, and that's what makeup does to the younger people. There is also a sense that being who you are naturally isn't good enough and that makeup can cover it. But then again "you're perfect the way you are", and you have to "love yourself no matter what".

I am going to reveal a parody and shock value. I am trying to expose the effects of what makeup can do in the future in a way that does a play on the words of the slogan for Maybelline.

The composition of this image is asymmetrical in balance.

There is a sense of emphasis on the older woman in the mirror because of the girl being a young child on the opposite side of the mirror.

The depth of field is shallow because the background is blurry.

3 comments:

  1. Hi JUJU!
    I agree that there are certain expectations in our society when it comes to makeup. You have to look a certain way in order to be "accepted". According to the data, some makeup ingredients can actually age you, and I like how you showed that through your picture. I also thought the play on Maybellines slogan was a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMMMMNNNNN JUJUUU this picture got me feeling some type of way. I got like the chills when i was reading this and how shocking it was that women do so much to their appearance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the images and information you presented it is very clear that make-up can be harmful and the parody you used of Maybelline really emphasizes your point even more. I agree that women put too much importance on the make-up and that could be harming them. That makes me think if the make-up companies are doing that so the costumers go back and buy more products.

    ReplyDelete