Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mazinani PART 2

HER SENTENCES
I use images mined from the Internet to frame questions on the representation of conflict.
In exploring visual language through a process-intensive method of creating original patterns, I strive to make sense of media images and how they define our relationship to war.
I explore the relationship between perception and representation by drawing on concepts such as censorship, scale, and the body as a site of action or violence.
 Forcing antipodes together as a means to create new relationships between them, I aim to discuss the means by which repetition as a media strategy can affect our association with content.
Our visual vocabulary has been affected by the repetitive onslaught of media images.

MY SENTENCES
I think that using images from the internet is the perfect way to give people that opportunity to question the representation of conflict brought by the images.
I would question how you can use certain images to define our relationship to war.
I agree that perception and representation are a major way that we draw concepts in aspects of censorship, scale, and the body of violence and action.
Based on the idea of forcing images together to create a relationship between them is an effective way in accomplishing that.
I agree that our visual vocabulary is affected by the constant repetition of the attacks on the media images. 




This image is asymmetrical in balance. There is a sense of movement along the whole picture because of how there is repetition of the two women. I think that this image is trying to compare two unlike figures by bringing them together and using images that best represent them. In my opinion, comparing these two women together is the perfect way to get people to really think about how they have anything to do with each other or how they are very opposite. I found it interesting how she decided to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment